Snow covered volcanoes, mystical cloud forests and the world’s highest capital city, Ecuador is an adventure-traveller’s dream come true. While it is one of South America’s smaller countries, Ecuador is home to some of the greatest biodiversity in the world. Have your breath taken away by the mysterious nature of the cloud forest with its orchids, bromeliads and singing birds. Marvel at the changes in vegetation as you ascend into the high-altitude environment of the Andean paramo. Our Ecuador mountain bike tour will captivate you with its diversity.
Our10-day mountain bike tour through Ecuador’s Andes regions provides an incredible adventure in a setting of unmatched beauty. Experience the climes of sub paramo through high paramo in the Andes and cloud forest.
During your days of adventure, you will enjoy the best Ecuadoran cuisine and accommodation where you can replenish every bit of energy used while exploring this naturally amazing region. Your mountain bike tour, Ecuador-style, will also provide plenty of time to savour fabulous views, meet the local people of each area we pass through and enjoy Ecuador’s vibrant cultural variety.
Home to 46 different ecosystems, 14 active volcanoes, 4 world heritage sites and some of the richest bio-diversity in the world. Ecuador is the perfect setting for a truly unforgettable mountain biking tour.
Andes Mountain Bike Tour Highlights:
Ecuador is a unique country and every day can be a highlight, but to name few truly special moments, we chose these:
- Staying in a former mountain refuge in Cotopaxi National Park
- Watching humming birds while drinking coffee on the way to Mindo
- Trying local culinary specialities
- Exploring Quito- the highest capital city in the world and first UNESCO world heritage site
- Cycling inside the only inhabited volcanic crater in the world- Pululahua
- Staying in the community-run hostel just a few metres from the edge of the Quilotoa Crater.